Personal Information Protection Policy
- Compliance with laws, regulations and other norms
- The Japan Institute of International Affairs (hereinafter referred to as "the Institute") will comply with applicable laws and regulations and other norms in protecting the privacy and personal information of all users of the Institute's services.
- Purpose of use of acquired personal information
- Personal information received from users within the scope of the prescribed purposes required for the Institute's activities will be used by the Institute to contact users, to send out questionnaires for improving the Institute's operations, to inform users of symposiums, forums and other meetings sponsored by the Institute, to ship publications issued by the Institute as well as other information and materials, and to use as a reference in creating content for the Institute's website. Personal information received from users will be handled appropriately within the scope of the purpose of use and will not be provided to third parties except as required by law or regulation.
- Inquiries on personal information
- The Institute will respond appropriately to Institute members, etc., who contact the Institute wishing to inquire about their personal information.
- Website access logs
- The Institute's website records and stores access logs. These logs will not be used for any purposes other than statistically analyzing access trends and website visits and diagnosing issues arising on the web server. Statistical analysis results will be used to ascertain user access trends and to provide reference points for running the website in future.
- Security management measures
- The Institute will endeavor to ensure and improve security in order to safely manage the collected personal information.
- Continuous improvement
- The Institute will comply with all relevant laws, regulations and other norms and will strive to continuously improve and enhance its efforts to protect personal information in accordance with changes in the environment.
- [Supplement] Handling of Personal Information
Handling of Personal Information
The Japan Institute of International Affairs
[Outsourcing of payment services]
The Institute outsources to an outside service provider the tasks required for payment of goods and services.
[Details of personal information]
The following personal information must be shared with the payment service provider for payment of goods and services: transaction ID, name, telephone number, e-mail address, transaction amount, credit card number, and credit card expiration date.
[Purpose of use of personal information]
Personal information will be used to carry out the tasks necessary for payment of goods and services; the use of personal information for purposes other than this is strictly prohibited.
[Disclosure of personal information to payment service provider]
The Institute may disclose/provide the following personal information via a subcontractor at the request of the payment service provider within the scope of the tasks required for payment of goods and services: name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, shipping address information, and details of ordered products.
3F, Toranomon Mitsui Building, Kasumigaseki 3-8-1, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 〒100-0013
TEL: 03 (3503) 7261 (main) FAX: 03 (3503) 7292