The Japan Institute of International Affairs held the Virtual Public Symposium "Security Dynamics in the Indo-Pacific" on 23 June 2021 in cooperation with the German Federal Foreign Office, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, Japanese-German Center Berlin (JDZB) and the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS).
As part of the Japanese-German Track 1.5 Security Dialogue, Japanese and German speakers discussed the security dynamics in the Indo-Pacific, the resulting implications on the rules-based international order and the role of Japan and Germany.
- Henning SIMON (Director and Head of Division for East Asia, Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific States at the German Federal Foreign Office)
- Yasushi Noguchi (Director General for International Affairs, Bureau of Defense Policy, Ministry of Defense)
- Dr. Sarah KIRCHBERGER (Head, Asia-Pacific Strategy & Security, ISPK & Nonresident Senior Fellow, Atlantic Council)
- Dr. Yoko IWAMA (ProfessorNational Graduate Institute for Policy Studies)
- Barbara VÖLKL (HQ Officer East Asia & Pacific, Konrad-Adenauer Foundation)